UND* wants you!
* Magazine for Alternatives, Contradictions and the Concrete
OPEN CALL #10 has finished!
UND #10 will be out in May 2021.
The next Call starts with June 2021.
The next issue’s topic: spatial_order
Whatever we do, we do it in spaces: We go from the living room to work, get lost in digital space, switch from public to private space, from the country to urban areas and back again. Every space is defined, regulated and somehow limited. But where are these boundaries, and who is the one to set them? Does space define what we do, or is it our actions that define space? How is our environment designed? And who surrounds whom?
Globally, people go to streets and places – for themselves, for us, for tomorrow? What are we allowed to do in the public space and what not? How will future cities work? And how will they adjust to climate change? Where does a society originate? And where is room for something else entirely?
Travel places and spaces all over the world and in between. Rearrange and tidy up! Sketch intimate stuff. Organise public space. Play on your surroundings. Show us your lebensraum!
Open Call – Requirements
A topic for each issue of UND magazine is announced in an open call, everyone can submit relevant material in response.
What sort of content can be submitted?
Photos, essays, illustrations, drawings, sculptures, theoretical considerations, project descriptions, interviews, poetry, questionnaires, experience reports, theatrical works, installations, instructions, satire, comics, announcements, comics, possibilities, dreams and utopias.
Any printable content may be submitted.*
Who can submit?
Each and everyone.
Which formats are accepted?
Text: in Word or Open-Office format – please do NOT submit pdf-documents!
Images: Please provide low resolution images (72 dpi) at first, our mailbox has a limited capacity. After selection the editorial team will ask for higher resolution images (300 dpi).
Is there a limit to the length of text or number of items that can be submitted?
There is no clearly defined limit to the length of text or number of images. We generally try to provide the necessary amount of space. You know best how much space your work requires. If your submission is selected and we think that the length should be modified, we will contact you. You should start off with unlimited freedom of expression!
What else should the submission contain?
- Your full name and postal address
- Your Instagram-address (if existing)
- A short biography for the index of the magazine
- A headline or title of your work
- A short teaser: describe your work in 2-3 sentences (not required for short stories, poetry or other fiction)
- Specify the type of your text
- Respect the copyright – if your submission contains any text (e.g. quotations) or images from someone else, these MUST be clearly identified and properly quoted (e.g. name of the photographer or author, exact book title etc.). Permission for reproduction must be obtained beforehand!
* Submissions must not contain any racist or other discriminatory content. The editorial team of UND magazine reserves the right selecting suitable contributions.